Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Do you have little experience and want to improve your job opportunities?
Would you like to support and raise money for a worthwhile cause?
We are currently looking for fun, vibrant, outgoing and inspirational people to work for our non-profit organisation as Fundraising Assistant
FHIM New Start, is a community wide empowerment project run by Freedom House a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to positioning people in the right path of opportunity and success in life. Our organization activities includes; enhancing individuals chances of employment though improving their job search skills, enabling and empowering people to identify and pursue their goals through self development workshops, offering floating support to the vulnerable in the society, etc.
The Funding Assistant will be primarily responsible for developing and writing funding proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate FHIM New Start mission and project objectives to potential funders. The Funding Assistant will perform prospect research for corporate and foundation grants, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines. This position reports to the Project Manager.
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Performing prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meeting deadlines and managing supplemental materials required for proposals.
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Have strong written communication skills.
- Strong editing skills. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and access to fundraising information sources.
- Working understanding of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for prospective donor sourcing.
- Be self-motivated, detail oriented and highly-organized.
- Some previous experience with non-profit fundraising preferred.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
Pay and Benefits
This position will come with a small reimbursements but successful candidates will primarily be paid through bonuses based on a percentage of secured grants or funding.
Hours of work:
Please send us your CV for consideration.